A Brush With Kindness
This program can help existing low-income homeowners who physically or financially can’t afford vital maintenance of their homes. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a program that benefits our entire community. Volunteer teams are matched with homeowners based on the size of the project.
A Brush with Kindness helps revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood, strengthens connections within the community and helps preserve affordable housing stock.
- Home must be owner-occupied – NO RENTALS
- Mortgage and taxes must be up to date
- Must be willing to agree to incur a loan and/or property lien (if applicable).
- Detailed “Scope of Work” will be signed prior to start date
- Family must make long term commitment to occupy the home
- Must submit all documentation requested by HFHNEMI
- All able-bodied residents (18+) must contribute sweat equity based on project size
- Homeowner must be onsite at all times while HFHNEMI is present
- Owner must be realistic about scope of project and agree that all work may be completed by volunteers
- All pets must be contained while staff/volunteers are onsite
- No smoking, drinking, or drug consumption will be tolerated while staff/volunteers are onsite
- No one will be in possession of a firearm while staff/volunteers are onsite
Funding May Sources Include:
Community Foundation of Northeast Michigan
United Way of Northeast Michigan
Neighborhood Revitalization Priority Home Repair Program